Dr. Gary Michelson's Michelson Prize grants haven't produced a one-shot sterilant. As I suspected it appears these people applied for grants just to get the money. They don't seem to care if their research will meet the goal on a one-shot sterilant. We already have drugs which will permanently sterilize animals. Gary Michelson doesn't want to use them to actually sterilize animals because that is not his goal. His goal is to maybe find a drug he can patent and sell for profit. Below is the result of just two grants. They're all like this.
"Contraception in companion animals using a recombinant viral vector, Megan Lloyd, PhD - Project completed
Immunization of rats against three zona pellucida antigens in a mouse cytomegalovirus vector.
Megan Lloyd, PhD, University of Western Australia, Crawley WA, Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Start / End Dates
2012-2013 (1 year)
1. A recombinant mouse cytomegalovirus was generated to express rat zona pellucida 3 glycoprotein and grown to sufficient titers to inoculate rats.
2. Rats were inoculated with this virus construct or with controls (PBS, parental non-recombinant virus); ZP3 specific antibody was demonstrated (by ELISA) at 25 day intervals in rats immunized with the treatment constructs.
3. Inoculated rats delivered 2.1 to 2.8 fewer live births than control rats, but vaccination did not induce sterility.
4. There was a slight difference in litter size between two virus dose (9.3 and 9.2 pups) compared to controls (11.9 pups).
5. Ovarian morphology revealed some “disruption to granulosa cells” but no decrease in ZP."
The result was "more research (MONEY) is needed."
Here's another grant result. We've been doing immunocontraception for over ten years before Gary Michelson started the prize. It looks like a repeat of older research. If anyone had a great idea for permanent sterilization, they would not be asking for a grant. They'd go for the prize or better yet, patent and sell it themselves.
"SPRASA: an immunocontraceptive with a difference, Larry Chamley, PhD - Project completed
Induction of infertility/sterility in male and female mice immunized against Sperm Reactive Protein with Antisperm Antibodies (SPRASA).
Larry Chamley, PhD, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand, email@example.com
Start / End Dates
2012-2013 (1 year)
1. SPRASA was localized in ovaries and testes of prepuberal dogs and cats.
2. Cat and dog SPRASA reactive antisera were generated. Mice were immunized with an anti-SPRASA vaccine or control and allowed to mate.
3. Thirty-six of 42 SPRASA-immunized and all 7 control mice became pregnant with normal litter & fetus size.
4. Six SPRASA immunized mice never became pregnant. Not all sterile mice were obese, which is a side effect in other species.
5. Number of sperm and number of progressively motile sperm was lower in immunized (n=7) males, but were not significantly different than in control males, and fertility was the same.
1. Holland O, Tong M, Chamley L: Expression of a novel immunocontraceptive target in the gonads of cats and dogs. "
Dr Gary Michelson, Michelson Prize, $75 million, Found Animals Foundation, Dr. Gary Michelson, Gary Michelson, Gary, Michelson, Gerald, Michaelson, Gary Michaelson, G Karlin Michelson, Mary Cummins, Animal Advocates, marycummins.com, animaladvocates.us, Gary Karlin Michelson, Gary K Michelson, Karlin Michelson, Alya Michelson, Aimee Gilbreath, teak, farm, billionaire, Forbes, lawsuit, worth, married, fraud, pitbull, purebred, bribe, bribery, patent, spine, animal nut, patent troll, thief, criminal, childhood, philadelphia, pennsylvania, boca de canon, Los Angeles, California, Ed Boks, Edward Boks, Antonio Villaraigosa, steve cooley, jackie lacey, campaign, donation, district attorney, inventor, hall of fame, grandmother, hand, fire, burn, 20, million minds, text book, free, surgery, surgical, twenty million minds, dog, high school, law, lawyer, doctor, dr., Michelson Medical Research Foundation, foundation, wilshire, Karlin Asset Management, KAM, Found Animals Legislative Fund, mom, dad, mother, father, brother, Gracie, bull, spay, neuter, adopt, buy, capital, karlin ventures, david cohen, tianxiang zhuo, spinal, surgeon, ceo, Karlin Real Estate, charity, 501 3c, irs, nonprofit, non-profit, Gary Karlin Michelson M D Charitable Foundation, gay, homosexual, wayne pacelle, hsus, animal services, temple university, medical, school, born, flake, crazy, central high school, Hahnemann Medical College, drexel, jewish, russian, Medtronic, Wikipedia, grant, $25, $50, Kremlin, mail order bride, Karlin Holdings Limited Partnership, C & M Investment Group Limited, michelson technology at work, Karlin Opportunity Fund, Karlin OP, Medical Research Foundation Trust